WRPF 2018 World Powerlifting Championship
October 4 to 7, Sokolniki Exhibition and Convention Centre will host the WRPF 2018 World Powerlifting Championship, and the athletes are ready to score world records in numerous categories. It’s hard to believe but this event will be a treat even for those not interested in powerlifting. Sounds crazy, but it’s a fact! So let’s find out what Kirill Sarychev has in store for those who cannot bear powerlifting.
1. Enjoy some kvass and watch the strongest Russian armwrestlers! “We aim to get back to the roots. Firstly, opponents will be seated at tables – almost like Hemingway described it in “The Old Man and the Sea”. This way, the wrestles will last longer! Secondly, armwrestling originated in bars, but we choose healthy habits, so we’ll have kvass instead of booze. You win, you swig a mug, you go on wrestling!”, Denis Tsyplenkov, the all-around world champion, 140 kg, explains the rules of the new tournament.
The show will also feature a series of arm fights under the auspices of the Professional Armwrestling League. One of the central fights will star the world and European champion, one of the strongest "top players" of the 90s, Alex Mundzhishvili.
2. Become a star of the BODYMANIA channel.
To achieve that, you need to qualify for the second season of the popular MYASORUBKA fighting reality show.
Sergey Gavrilchenko, the founder of the BODYMANIA channel, shares his expectations of the upcoming show: "On average, each episode of the first season scored 200-300 thousand views, and one of the episodes hit an impressive 1 million views. We expect to have about 300 applicants at the upcoming casting."
3. Get into the box and win the prize. Each of the guests of the championship will be able to have a full-fledged training session right there and then at the mobile World Class Gym Station. This training station fits in a standard container. Special prizes are in store for those participants who successfully cope with certain tasks.
4. Feel like an easy rider! Festival guests will have a chance to test drive Subaru cars and check out one of the brand’s novelties – the EyeSight driver assistance system.
"I would also like Subaru to provide a sports sedan for a test drive, or at least a manual gearbox car, so that you can experience all the fun of driving," says Kirill Sarychev, the organizer of the championship and a passionate lover of cars and speed.
5. Get to the past! Despite the fact that it’s the 21st century, Sokolniki will see some real medieval knight fights! "One-handed, two-handed blade weapons and one-handed axes are allowed in combat." The rules of the International Medieval Combat League are tough, and they specifically stress that all the elements of the outfit should correspond to the time period of the weapon used, meaning no elements of modern sports equipment!
October 6-7 (10:00-20:00), EXHIBITION: free admission
World Powerlifting Championship schedule:
October 4-6: amateurs, free admission
October 7: professionals, entrance fee RUB 200.
Venue: Moscow, Sokolniki Exhibition and Convention Centre, exhibit hall 3
CONTACTS FOR THE MEDIA: Olga Propuskova, +7 (926) 282 29 61, Propuskova@mail.ru
General sponsor: PAINKILLER, a young ambitious American brand of premium quality clothing.
Golden sponsor: Subaru Motor LLC is the official distributor of cars, original spare parts and accessories of Subaru in Russia and the Republic of Belarus.
Bronze sponsors: Evalar, BINA SPORT, Sports nutrition RP MEN PRO, SunProtein, Original FitTools.